Bernie Sanders has called for a Day of Action to save America’s health care. On Sunday, January 15, North Country residents will join people across all 50 states, demanding that Congress preserve the nation’s health care system.
It is likely that Republican leaders in Congress will follow through on their threats to push through a budget bill that will severely undermine the health care needs of the American people. Their budget bill will likely include:
- Taking away health care coverage for over 30 million Americans by dismantling the health care system;
- Ending guaranteed Medicare benefits for millions of older Americans by converting Medicare into a voucher program;
- Slashing Medicaid and threatening the nursing home care of over 4 million vulnerable seniors;
- Increasing prescription drug prices more than $1,000 a year for over 5 million seniors and persons with disabilities; and
- Passing a $4,800 tax hike on millions of average Americans, while providing hundreds of billions in tax breaks to the wealthiest people in this country.
It’s important to bring the American people and the North Country together to fight this radical proposal. Tell Trump and tell Rep Stefanik to reject this proposal and to save health care for the North Country.
RALLY IN SARANAC LAKE: 2-3 pm at Riverside Park
RALLY IN PLATTSBURGH: 1-3 pm at 23 Durkee Street (outside Rep Stefanik’s office)
There will be letters to sign and signs to carry.